Quote of the Day:

You're a beautiful, unique snowflake and shit.

Friday, September 10, 2010

I love...

I’ve been inexplicably cranky for the last few days and have actually written a few things but didn’t post them until now because I didn’t want this blog to be a center for negativity. Then I figured I’d just wait until I was feeling more upbeat, so I could write something more light hearted, to balance out the cranky ranting posts.

So right now, I’m going to write about something I love. Today’s edition will be regarding free stuff or as I like to call it, “a good deal”. For lunch today I will dine at Chick Fil A, not because of the superiority of their entrees, but because I have a little pink receipt* that means whatever is on that receipt, I get to have for free. The location nearest my work has a promotion this month on Wednesdays, and whatever you order that day, you get to have for free one other day. Now, like most money-conscious people my age**, I recognize the benefit of eating a meal for free, so despite the fact that this is not my favorite place, I’m going to go there. I should point out, it’s not that I think Chick Fil A is bad. Au contraire, it’s one of the better fast food joints, but at the end of the day, let’s not pretend fast food is gourmet cuisine. If I could afford it I’d much rather go to The 555 in Long Beach, K’ya in Laguna, Mario’s in Riverside or TAPS in Dos Lagos. Hell, I’d rather go to Denny’s even, but why pay $14 for lunch when I can pay $7 or best of all, $0.00, on this fine day? That would quite simply be bananas, unless I miraculously have Publisher’s Clearing House burst into my office right now with a big-ass check, which would be awesome both because I would be a millionaire and also because I never entered, so God must have my back or something.

Another good deal I’m happy with these days is the never ending pasta bowl from Olive Garden. I’m a strategic eater, so this $8.95 delight gets me two to three dinners, if I execute seamlessly. Again, this clearly isn’t the crème-de-la-crème of Italian eating, but for the price, it suits me. I can’t figure out when the fuck this promotion ends, but I’ll enjoy this while it’s around. Because when I’m there, I’m family. Which means everyone there clearly loves me but is easily annoyed with me and is worried about me and wants to know why I don’t call or visit as much as I should. They also remind me that it’s my grandfather’s birthday in a couple weeks so I better get a gift. Yeah, they’re pretty thorough like that.

In any case, I’m glad that there are a few decent food deals of which I can take advantage, for now. And no, I’m not paid or coerced into promoting these two places. I can’t be bought.*** I just love a good deal. And I love you, I think. Maybe not. I don’t actually know who reads this; it could be just me. But you know what? I love me. So all in all, I feel pretty alright about this.



*Not a euphemism.

**i.e. Conscious of the fact that I have very little money and am in debt but not mature enough to really buckle down and eradicate that debt once and for all. I have a plan but am not steadfastly sticking to it, so instead of being out of this hole in 4 months it will likely take the next year. I am American Express’ dream client.

***Wait, how much are we talking? Let’s not rule anything out just yet. My plans for world domination will need to financed somehow because clearly mama doesn’t bring home enough bacon just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for playing!

Feel free to contribute to my quest of world domination! Ask me how!