Quote of the Day:

You're a beautiful, unique snowflake and shit.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dear You:

I’m sure you have a good heart. You do charitable things from time to time, you genuinely seem to care about certain people, and you have an evident quest for some brand of “justice”. You can be helpful, fun, and supportive.


However…


You are so loud. Even when you’re not excited and yelling or raising your voice, you are loud. You probably don’t know the extent of it, but I hear half of the conversations I’m not carrying on with you, and I’m not even trying to listen. I’ll freely admit when I’m eavesdropping, but quite frankly, I’m trying to block you out, yet you are the victor in this battle. How in god’s name do you not annoy yourself, when you are so very loud?


Also, you seem angry. Seriously, who shit in your cereal? I know everyone has problems and issues and people handle that differently. Perhaps you are emotionally exhausted because of a home issue or you were raised in a household that was always fighting. I’m sorry if these things trouble you; if I could send you peace, if I had something to spare, I would.


Can we talk about me for a second though? When you constantly raise your voice and stomp around and slam things, it makes me uncomfortable. It makes things awkward. You react so strongly to any perceived slight from anyone else, yet you are so abrasive. Sometimes it’s unbelievable. Because of you I can understand why tranquilizers are prescribed at times. Also, when you are angry or sad and upset and begin crying, I feel bad for you. My natural desire to reassure people that it will be okay comes out, but sometimes underneath my desire to see you happy is the more pressing desire to just experience peace and quiet. I know, it is selfish. But the negative energy you pollute the air with feels oppressive sometimes. I know it’s bad, but some days, I don’t like you. Though you’re typically nice to me, you say demeaning things about others, and seem to feel as though everyone in the world has a personal vendetta against you. I find you exhausting.  I like you enough many days, feel neutral most days, but today, I look forward to not being in your presence. Seriously, I just want to nap.


Love,


The Firmbottom'd one


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for playing!

Feel free to contribute to my quest of world domination! Ask me how!