Quote of the Day:

You're a beautiful, unique snowflake and shit.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

An update on the midget crisis

Last night my boyfriend and I were discussing the difference between midgets and dwarves. It's his contention that there is no difference...with the glaring exception that dwarves have magical powers. This may be due to the fact that he just purchased "Willow", and bless his heart, the dwarves *did* have magical powers in the movie. But the only ones with magical powers were the sorcerer and sorcerer's apprentice dwarves. So I think he's only 1/3 correct, if my math serves me correctly.

And can we talk about "Willow" for a minute, here? This fellow has a heart of gold, no doubt, but has anyone noticed how big his hands are?* I thought maybe I mistakenly overestimated how gargantuan his hands were, but nay. I paid close attention to all of the other little peoples' hands, and they were tiny, much as you may expect tiny peoples' hands to be. Willow's hands are huge. I can only assume this is advantageous for him and boosts his super-power strength and agility. It certainly helped when he had to perilously grasp at the horse reigns in that one scene, that if you've seen the movie, you would know to what I was referring. Did that last sentence make sense? Probably not. All I'm saying is, if I had to trek through middle earth on a long day, I'd want Mr. Willow on my team.


*I have no room to talk about large hands, I'm aware. But my large hands are at least proportional to my body. They, too, boost my super-human strength and agility. They were also directly responsible for me winning a sponge-squeezing contest in 5th grade. They don't just give those trophies away, you know.  Booyah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for playing!

Feel free to contribute to my quest of world domination! Ask me how!